Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cowbell Challenge

Ninth Place in the Pro Open

Cowbell....what can I say...HOT. I mean, heat I haven't felt this year thus far. Short of that, the event was spectacular! The in-town start in Davidson, NC was fun, and watching Jafer take off like a bullet out of a gun was impressive. Harlan, Andy, Shey and I all looked at each other like, "who's going to chase the Pro Roadie down the greenway??" I voted to lay back and not blow up, but stayed with the lead group to the farm.

Once there, the trails were fun, technical and fast. I could have done without all the field crossings come high noon, but all in all it was a good race. Throughout the 6 laps I saw more and more bodies laying trail side with the look of dehydration and defeat. I rode my race, fought through the same aspects as everyone else and came away with 9th place in the pro mens class, just happy to survive.


No comments:

Post a Comment