Tuesday, May 26, 2009

12 Hours of Tsali

12 Hour Solo Male - Second Place!

Jeremy was awake for 23 consecutive hours this past weekend, with 12 of them spent on a bike, pedalling over 100 miles. It took two days for the whites of his eyes to turn white again, and the same amount of time to answer the question on everyone's minds:

How'd he do?

Well straight from the Edge, here's how it went down:

"Ok, it was going to be the first dry race of the season and I was so excited--finally, a race against other riders and not against the elements. The rider turn-out was good and Gone Riding always sets up a great venue, so all I had to do was wait around till eleven for the start, then out the gate I was third in the run and fifth into the woods.





Once in the woods I led the race for three laps, until I made a crucial mistake and let second place (Geoff Bergmark) slip by me into first, thinking he was in the single speed catagory. Around lap five I was updated on Bergmark's progress while passing through the pits, so from that point on all I did was chase, chase, and chase some more..... I had let Bergmark outta my sight for 45 seconds and he managed to put 3-4 minutes on me by lap seven.
So by the time I came in from lap 11, I was a lap ahead of third place, a lap behind first, and with 15 minutes left before the 10:40 cutoff, I decided to call it a race. Took second place and a lil' pocket money with me back to Athens, GA that same night (morning!) to spend the rest of the weekend with friends, food, and good beer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment