Friday, May 1, 2009

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

When I used to describe Jeremy to people who didn't know him yet, I'd say, "yeah, he's a six foot three mountain biker with tattoos, earrings, and long, curly, strawberry blond hair." To me, his very diagnostic traits were in fact, being ridiculously tall, and that long, thick, big hair.

I had never known or seen him any other way. So when he showed up the Friday before Dirty Spokes 12 Hours of Yargo with nothing on his head except a scalp with fuzz, I was admittedly, pretty...surprised.

me: (gaping) OH MY GAWD! What did you---DO??

JE: (grinning) what do you mean?

Well it turns out, that by shaving off the masses of hair I've coveted since we met, he has also shaved off many minutes of cool down time, something essential for any over heating cyclist. He will debut his new 'do at the 12 hour endurance race on May 2nd, and find out if his two bits was worth the shave and haircut...

...I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment