Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Swank 65

Thank God it has come and gone!



Once again not knowing what lay ahead of me, I should have know something was up when we got to Cove Creek Campground and saw that people had to submarine their cars through a "creek" just to get to the parking lot!



But after a brief introduction and a few half-assed cartwheels in the LeMans start, we were off.







Being at the front of this train wreck was the only way to ensure a safe passage into the single track, and from there on out, it was all UP.



Except for Farlow......and it went up even more than I had remembered...







After survivng the climb and downhill of Farlow (beatdown), I staggered my narrow ass down the last stretch of fire roads, praying the whole time for someone to make the monkey in my head stop pounding the symbols.





With the finish in sight, Todd greeted me with a Fat Tire Ale and a smile.



"Whaddya think?" he asked, and my only response was...



" I survived".



Thanks again to Todd Branham and Blueridge Adventures, and all the volunteers for all your support and time in this year's race series!





No comments:

Post a Comment