Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Assault on Mt. Mitchell

First time assault = 27th out of 302 riders!!

Blue Ridge Adventures is not shy about promoting this race for what it is---extremely difficult, extremely demanding, and even dangerous...in other words, totally BRUTAL. Edge further reports:

ORAMM, what a weekend! Showed up to the race Sunday morning not knowing what the mountains had in store for me.

Needless to say, 6 hours, 62 miles, and 11,000 feet later I finished my first assault and all I gotta say is, "Man what a wild ride!"

After the dust settled and the beer was flowing, I checked the results to find out that I had finished 27th overall and 12th in open men. All in all a great event and I would suggest it to any mountain biker wanting to test their might or just get a great and up close look at the Pisgah National Forest---I will be back next year!

1 comment: